Marriage counsellors can be effective in India, with the average success rate for most couples approached for marriage counseling being about 50 percent5. It is generally provided by licensed therapists and can help resolve conflicts between couples and improve their relationship5. The cost of marriage counseling in India can range anywhere between INR 2000 to INR 7000 per session45. While there are no government-recognized or mandated certifications or regulations to practice as a marriage counselor in India, pursuing a bachelor’s degree in psychology is the first step towards becoming an ethical counselor3. The effectiveness of marriage counseling may vary from case to case, and the approach of different counselors may also vary based on the situation45.
If you would like to get an appointment for couple counselling, please do WhatsApp our carechat.
what are the benefits of marriage counsellor in India?
In India offers several benefits, including providing a safe environment for couples to address their individual opinions about the relationship, confronting problems, and receiving unbiased advice1.Additionally, marriage counseling helps couples to understand the sources of their conflicts, facilitates healthy communication, and clears up misunderstandings4. It can also help couples remain accountable to each other and improve their emotional and physical health4. While the effectiveness of marriage counseling may vary from case to case, it can be an effective treatment for saving troubled marriages at any point in a relationship3.
marriage counselling works everywhere. However, in India not everyone is open to this option because they aren’t fully aware or they may feel shame to discuss personal problems with a complete stranger.
what are some common techniques used by marriage counsellor india?
Some common techniques used in marriage counseling in India include:
- Rational emotive behavioral therapy: This approach helps individuals develop understanding and insights, and it can be used to address negative emotions and behaviors1.
- Reality therapy: This technique focuses on helping individuals take responsibility for their actions and make positive changes in their lives1.
- Role plays: Role plays can help couples practice effective communication and problem-solving skills in a safe environment1.
- Psychodynamic therapy: This approach explores unconscious thoughts and feelings to help individuals understand and resolve conflicts1.
- Reflective listening: This technique involves active listening and empathy, allowing individuals to feel heard and understood1.
- Self-disclosure techniques: These methods encourage individuals to share their thoughts, feelings, and experiences with their partner, promoting emotional intimacy1.
- Communication counseling: This approach helps couples improve their communication skills, leading to better understanding and resolution of conflicts1.
- Imago relationship therapy: This technique focuses on helping couples develop a deeper emotional connection and improve their communication skills1.
- Solution-focused coping: This approach helps individuals identify and focus on their strengths and resources to overcome challenges1.
- Expressive art therapies: These methods use creative expression, such as drawing or painting, to help individuals process emotions and resolve conflicts1.